BASIC RAIDING "RULES"

Come chat with PB or just say HI!

Moderators: Yrys, Moderators

Tav

BASIC RAIDING "RULES"

Post by Tav »

This is copied from my post in our "Friends" section. It may be of use to some of you folks looking to join our Open Events. It was intended to be rules for formal raids, but the basic concepts apply to these events.

We have had a lot of new people raiding with us lately. While poking fun at the newbies who don't know our raiding procedures is great fun... the soft hearted cleric in me is feeling a bit guilty. So, here are Primal Brood's Sekrit Raiding Rulez

RAIDING RULES

We have had a lot of new people raiding with us lately. While poking fun at the newbies who don't know our raiding procedures is great fun... the soft hearted cleric in me is feeling a bit guilty. So, here are Primal Brood's Sekrit Raiding Rulez

1) We are nice folks for the most part. We try to put new folks in groups with experienced members. Please do not hesitate to ask your group mates questions. If no one responds in group - send a tell to a group mate. Some of us (read me here heheh) don't always pay attention to group chatter - but we will answer tells. Do not ask questions in raid/ooc/etc. If you are convinced no one in your group will answer, send a tell to one of our Advisors (Bodden, Rexlar, Claudette, Goladen, Jaalana, Seelorn, Burpp, Tavari). We will help find someone that can answer your questions.

2) (this is a big one - you might want to write it on your hand or something) NEVER EVER USE RAID SAY!!

Raidsay is for raidleaders only. It's Darkcicles private domain and if you use it he will feed you to the next mob we come across. (okay so he lets a few other people use it.. but it's with permission only so don't go chattering in there okay?) Primal Brood has a variety of raiding channels we use. Clerics monks, spites, tanks, rangers, chanters.. even I don't know them all. There is one main raiding channel, and the entire raid uses it to communicate. This is NOT the channel for idle jokes and chatter. Darkcicle, Shadoh and Malarkey have limitted tolerances for the bullshit - so don't be surprised if you are told to tone it down.

3) We do not ASK for buffs in raid channels. Sounds weird huh? Primal Brood has most of the buffing stuff down to a science. Our buffers know what to do and when to do it. Class leaders assign folks to be responsible for buffing. If you feel you are missing something, you ask in your group. It's the group leaders responsiblity to communicate with buffers. Why?? Because our clerics, enchanters, shamans, paladins, rangers etc. all get really pissy when they get tell bombed for buffs they are going to MGB, or are already working on casting raid-wide. Be patient - your buffs are coming around. If you die, please join the buff channel and request a rez. Announce when you are alive and in zone (in the buff channel) and the other classes will take care of you. If you are missing a buff and just *have* to ask, do it in the buff channel, not in raid channels.

4) USE ASSIST! Do not attack any mob before assist is called by the assigned MT. If you do not know how the MT is - ask in group. Or ask a cleric. Attacking without assist may get you TL'd out of the raid. Failure to follow this basic raid procedure willl cost you raiding privileges with Primal Brood.

5) Control your aggro. Yes - I just said you have to control your own aggro. It is your job to manage your aggro levels. It is not the MT's job to keep you from getting aggro at all. If you do not understand this concept, someone would be happy to explain it. Many of the fights depend on the mob facing one way, or only attacking specific people. Your failure to control your aggro could wipe out everyone - and that's a bad thing.

6) Don't wander around. Don't go exploring. Getting lost is a bad thing (trust me, I've done often enough to know). However, it does happen. If it does - stay put. Let your group know. We will send someone to get you. Or arrange a CoH. Or worst case, summon your corpse or drag it. But do NOT EVER train the raid because you got lost. Eat the death and consider it a reminder to pay closer attention when the raidleader says "okay move up" and 50 people run down a hallway. Remember, Stop, drop and die.

7) Don't go afk for long stretchs. We may leave you behind. Then you will eat the death as posted above in #6. If you must go AFK, let your group leader know and put yourself on /follow.

8) Have fun. If you don't enjoy raiding, you shouldn't be with us. But if you have survived all of this - and you find killing big mobs to be a great time - kick back and enjoy.

This is but a few very basic procedures. Each raid has specific tactics that you may not be familiar with - just ask in group first.
Last edited by Tav on Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://members.cox.net/wgee8/tavsig.jpg
Archon Tavari Lost - the Squeezable Cleric
- Where does it say I have to be unbiased or impartial?
Egmont Stonecastle

Post by Egmont Stonecastle »

By having /rsay (raidsay) for only leaders / important designated usage, it makes the commands from that channel pretty clear, and by default, important. As such, most of us have changed the /rsay color to red to equal importance of /shouts (as I'm sure if you've been on Test a while you've found out using /shout gets the same response as using /rsay with us).

We have a series of other class-based and sometimes role-based chats setup. Show up early for raids and join the main raid chat for sure and then kinda watch what's going on. If you know someone in PB who is fairly experienced, of your own class / role, check with them to see if you need to join another chat channel or two. We keep the main chat somewhat spam-free by having all the other stuff in the sub-channels. And if you need some color suggestions for the chats, feel free to ask, I have some nice differing colors to help keep them visibly separate.

And lastly - try to have an indoor effect clickie item, and some form of self shrink. These are mandatory on formal raids, but appreciated on the informal ones nonetheless. Self clickies just can't be done by others. We'll do our best to help with shrinks, but sometimes mid-battle if we rez, we're kinda busy healing and buffing to try to use our shrinkies on you, or you're not in our group, etc.

Even if some of us seem unapproachable, we usually are, so don't hesitate to ask us anything in /tells. We'll reply as best we can when we're free from other demands. There are NO stupid questions, so ask away.