About the server changes

Come chat with PB or just say HI!

Moderators: Yrys, Moderators

Anciente

Post by Anciente »

I've thought about it and firmly decided that if I'm going to play this game, I'm going to play on test server. As I quoted earlier, the devs did say that "test will remain playable as a server."

So I'm going to FV (where I don't want to play) and coming back. It sounds like most are going to a regular live server and I understand that. I hope that folks will testcopy back (no reason not to) and that in the end most of us will end up back here. If anyone else is going to FV and wants to cooperate, let me know. You're all welcome to 'borrow' whatever I bring to copy back. I'm bringing a big box o' tribute for one thing and a lot of TS stuff and some other things. Still working on figuring it out.
Toadloc

Post by Toadloc »

whoa.. Trell. That's a name i haven't seen in forever.

EQ2? What server? turl & me & my gf been getting our hands on the recent free play there.
Toadloc the Frog! - retired
Kekeli

Post by Kekeli »

Didn't leave after the wipe, and ain't leavin now.
Hope this message of obstinancy finds you all well :D
Trellium

Post by Trellium »

Toadloc wrote:whoa.. Trell. That's a name i haven't seen in forever.

EQ2? What server? turl & me & my gf been getting our hands on the recent free play there.
Hi Toadloc!

We are on Crushbone server, and we have our guild on Test Server as well but we don't play there much any more.

After our subscription time runs out in July we were thinking we might try out the free-to-play servers. Most likely my characters will be Trellium, Traddium, or Trophen. After all these years, I still don't know how to play characters with any other name. :lol:
Malarkey

Post by Malarkey »

I'm not inclined to tell people what to do, but I will be copying and I suspect most of the TSF raiders will copy to the same server. Once we've chosen, I'll make a post listing the server and any other relevant details.

Right now, I think I'm likely to copy back to Test once it's back up and running. I'm still unclear as to what the downtime will be, but I haven't followed this situation all that closely.

Also - very nice to see some of the old crew stopping by to say "hi" :)
<A HREF="http://cnn.com" TARGET="_new">-Malarkey-</A>
(Famously)
(Cheerz)
(Kriptin)
(Quoq)
Trellium

Post by Trellium »

I just tried the /servertransfer command with a testbuffed character. She arrived on FV fully equipped from what I can tell. Coins were as expected, although all money was on her and not in her bank.

I was surprised that she still had all of her testbuff gear. She was missing two bag slots on her character, I assume the extra two are from a recent expansion. The bags were on the cursor.

I also have all but the last two expansions on FV. Not sure how I got all those, but apparently I can buy the most recent expansion at Amazon for $20 (digital download) and it includes all previous expansions. So, it seems like a pretty decent way to get up to date.

With the $20/month for the station access, we are thinking of playing both EQ and EQ2 for a bit. Sony needs to let us use the station cards though.
Trellium

Post by Trellium »

Anciente wrote:I'm bringing a big box o' tribute for one thing and a lot of TS stuff and some other things. Still working on figuring it out.
We have a lot of characters that can transfer off of test (and which we will probably also copy back to test). They have a bunch of empty slots when they go, so if the guild has things to transfer with them that isn't a problem. These characters appear to be empty, except for stellar stuff like batwing crunchies (all you can digest) and roots.

The transfer does appear to include banked items. But if more transfer mules are needed we offer use of these alts. Otherwise we will just transfer them in their mostly empty state, just to have them on FV.
Trellium

Post by Trellium »

I transferred Trellium off to FV. Right before I did the transfer, I \claimed a bunch of items. Those items did not transfer with the character, and the shared bank coins did not transfer either (they remained on Test in shared bank).

I tried it again with another character, but this time I moved the coins from shared to the character, then camped out, logged back in, then did the /servertransfer. The coins arrived.

Now I have to find out how to get all those /claimed items back somehow.
Toadloc

Post by Toadloc »

Trellium wrote: I \claimed a bunch of items. Those items did not transfer with the character
Ouch.
Yrys

Post by Yrys »

Maybe it's not saving your character before the transfer? So it only copies everything done since the last save? I had a bag claimed from HoT, but I had claimed it previously to yesterday. It came across fine.
Trellium

Post by Trellium »

Yrys wrote:Maybe it's not saving your character before the transfer? So it only copies everything done since the last save? I had a bag claimed from HoT, but I had claimed it previously to yesterday. It came across fine.
That sounds about right. I moved Trellium and Traddium to FV now and didn't have any more problems.
Toadloc

Post by Toadloc »

Trellium wrote:We are on Crushbone server
of course, rofl. We play on antonia bayle. :cry:
Kiadan

Post by Kiadan »

i sure hope test isnt wiped..but if so oh well.
i left proddies to enjoy the game and i wont be going back. still on test until little kia is no more.
Kiadan Dakine the Small
aka Shikarii the GimpLord copied over on Test too
Dakani Dakine - Forgotten Cleric who dies a lot
Turlus

Post by Turlus »

Turlus is now Turlusx on The Rathe server. Honestly though I see myself playing EQ about as much as I did the last 3 years.
gleenwood

Post by gleenwood »

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do, I don't own all the expansions. I might just keep playing on Vulak.

Think I would copy over with minus 4k aa's, 15 - 20 lvls, and crap gear....